This web site is owned and operated by Shell International B.V., a company registered in The Netherlands with registered number 27155369 whose registered office is at Carel van Bylandtlaan 30, 2596 HR The Hague, The Netherlands.
Visitors to this web site are bound by the following terms and conditions so please read these carefully before going on. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, "this web site" means the following parts of the www.shell.com website: www.shell.com/annualreport; www.shell.com/aboutshell; www.shell.com/investor; www.shell.com/media; www.shell.com/careers; www.shell.com/forums; www.shell.com/listeningresponding, which may link to other Shell web sites.
Other Shell web sites may contain terms and conditions which are different from these terms and conditions. On your journey around the Shell web sites please check the terms and conditions of each web site which you visit and do not assume that these terms and conditions apply to all Shell web sites.
Reserves: Our use of the term “reserves” in this presentation means SEC proved oil and gas reserves for all 2009 and 2010 data, and includes both SEC proved oil and gas reserves and SEC proven mining reserves for 2008 data.
Resources: Our use of the term “resources” in this presentation includes quantities of oil and gas not yet classified as SEC proved oil and gas reserves or SEC proven mining reserves. Resources are consistent with the Society of Petroleum Engineers 2P and 2C definitions.
Organic: Our use of the term Organic includes SEC proved oil and gas reserves and SEC proven mining reserves (for 2008) excluding changes resulting from acquisitions, divestments and year-average pricing impact.
To facilitate a better understanding of underlying business performance, the financial results are also presented on an estimated current cost of supplies (CCS) basis as applied for the Oil Products and Chemicals segment earnings. Earnings on an estimated current cost of supplies basis provides useful information concerning the effect of changes in the cost of supplies on Royal Dutch Shell’s results of operations and is a measure to manage the performance of the Oil Products and Chemicals segments but is not a measure of financial performance under IFRS.
The companies in which Royal Dutch Shell plc directly and indirectly owns investments are separate entities. In this presentation “Shell”, “Shell group” and “Royal Dutch Shell” are sometimes used for convenience where references are made to Royal Dutch Shell plc and its subsidiaries in general. Likewise, the words “we”, “us” and “our” are also used to refer to subsidiaries in general or to those who work for them. These expressions are also used where no useful purpose is served by identifying the particular company or companies. ‘‘Subsidiaries’’, “Shell subsidiaries” and “Shell companies” as used in this presentation refer to companies in which Royal Dutch Shell either directly or indirectly has control, by having either a majority of the voting rights or the right to exercise a controlling influence. The companies in which Shell has significant influence but not control are referred to as “associated companies” or “associates” and companies in which Shell has joint control are referred to as “jointly controlled entities”. In this presentation, associates and jointly controlled entities are also referred to as “equity-accounted investments”. The term “Shell interest” is used for convenience to indicate the direct and/or indirect (for example, through our 23% shareholding in Woodside Petroleum Ltd.) ownership interest held by Shell in a venture, partnership or company, after exclusion of all third-party interest.
This presentation contains forward-looking statements concerning the financial condition, results of operations and businesses of Royal Dutch Shell. All statements other than statements of historical fact are, or may be deemed to be, forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are statements of future expectations that are based on management’s current expectations and assumptions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, performance or events to differ materially from those expressed or implied in these statements. Forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements concerning the potential exposure of Royal Dutch Shell to market risks and statements expressing management’s expectations, beliefs, estimates, forecasts, projections and assumptions. These forward-looking statements are identified by their use of terms and phrases such as ‘‘anticipate’’, ‘‘believe’’, ‘‘could’’, ‘‘estimate’’, ‘‘expect’’, ‘‘intend’’, ‘‘may’’, ‘‘plan’’, ‘‘objectives’’, ‘‘outlook’’, ‘‘probably’’, ‘‘project’’, ‘‘will’’, ‘‘seek’’, ‘‘target’’, ‘‘risks’’, ‘‘goals’’, ‘‘should’’ and similar terms and phrases. There are a number of factors that could affect the future operations of Royal Dutch Shell and could cause those results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements included in this presentation, including (without limitation): (a) price fluctuations in crude oil and natural gas; (b) changes in demand for the Shell’s products; (c) currency fluctuations; (d) drilling and production results; (e) reserve estimates; (f) loss of market share and industry competition; (g) environmental and physical risks; (h) risks associated with the identification of suitable potential acquisition properties and targets, and successful negotiation and completion of such transactions; (i) the risk of doing business in developing countries and countries subject to international sanctions; (j) legislative, fiscal and regulatory developments including potential litigation and regulatory measures as a result of climate changes; (k) economic and financial market conditions in various countries and regions; (l) political risks, including the risks of expropriation and renegotiation of the terms of contracts with governmental entities, delays or advancements in the approval of projects and delays in the reimbursement for shared costs; and (m) changes in trading conditions. All forward-looking statements contained in this presentation are expressly qualified in their entirety by the cautionary statements contained or referred to in this section. Readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Additional factors that may affect future results are contained in Royal Dutch Shell’s 20-F for the year ended 31 December, 2010 (available at www.shell.com/investor and www.sec.gov). These factors also should be considered by the reader. Each forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date of this presentation, 15 March 2011. Neither Royal Dutch Shell nor any of its subsidiaries undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or other information. In light of these risks, results could differ materially from those stated, implied or inferred from the forward-looking statements contained in this presentation. There can be no assurance that dividend payments will match or exceed those set out in this presentation in the future, or that they will be made at all.
The United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) permits oil and gas companies, in their filings with the SEC, to disclose only proved reserves that a company has demonstrated by actual production or conclusive formation tests to be economically and legally producible under existing economic and operating conditions. We use certain terms in this presentation, such as resources and oil in place, that SEC's guidelines strictly prohibit us from including in filings with the SEC. U.S. Investors are urged to consider closely the disclosure in our Form 20-F, File No 1-32575, available on the SEC website www.sec.gov. You can also obtain these forms from the SEC by calling 1-800-SEC-0330.
- Shell companies have their own separate identities but on this website we may sometimes use "Shell", "Group, "we" or "us" when we refer to Shell companies in general or where no useful purpose is served by identifying any particular Shell company.
- This website may include links to external websites. When you follow such links the external web site may appear as a full screen (in which case you will need to use the back button on your browser to return to this website) or in some cases it may appear within the frame of this web site (in which case you will be able to return to this website by using the navigation buttons within the frame). Where an external website appears within the frame of this website, this is purely for ease of navigation back to this website and does not indicate any responsibility on our part for the external website concerned, even if it is a website owned and operated by another Shell company. These links are provided in order to help you find relevant web sites, services and/or products which may be of interest to you quickly and easily. It is your responsibility to decide whether any services and/or products available through any of these web sites are suitable for your purposes. Shell International Limited is not responsible for the owners or operators of these websites or for any goods or services they supply or for the content of their web sites and does not give or enter into any conditions, warranties or other terms or representations in relation to any of these or accept any liability in relation to any of these (including any liability arising out of any claim that the content of any external web site to which this website includes a link infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party).
- All information or advice provided as part of this website is intended to be general in nature and you should not rely on it in connection with the making of any decision. Shell International Limited tries to ensure that all information provided as part of this website is correct at the time of inclusion on the website but does not guarantee the accuracy of such information. Shell International Limited is not liable for any action you may take as a result of relying on such information or advice or for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of you taking this action.
- Shell reserves the right to monitor any information transmitted or received through any Forum provided. Shell, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, may at any time review, remove or otherwise block any material posted.
- Should any part of this site offer you the opportunity to join in or read from a forum, please be aware that communications posted on the forum represent the views of the individual who posted such communication and are not to be taken as the views of Shell. Shell accepts no responsibility or liability for anything posted on the forum by any user of the forum and you must not use the forum to post, upload, or otherwise transmit information or pictures that are defamatory, a breach of privacy or otherwise unlawful.
- This web site contains material including text, photographs and other images and sound, which is protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in this material are either owned by Shell International Limited or have been licensed to it by the owner(s) of those rights so that it can use this material as part of this web site.
- This web site also contains trade marks, including the mark "Shell" and the Shell emblem. All trade marks included on this web site belong to Shell International Limited or have been licensed to it by the owner(s) of those trade marks for use on this web site.
- access any part of the web site;
- print off one copy of any or all of the pages for your own personal reference.
You may not
- copy (whether by printing off onto paper, storing on disk, downloading or in any other way), distribute (including distributing copies), broadcast, alter or tamper with in any way or otherwise use any material contained in the web site except as set out under "You may". These restrictions apply in relation to all or part of the material on the web site;
- remove any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material copied or printed off from the web site;
- link to this web site;
without our express written consent.
- the URL(s) of the web page(s) from which you are proposing to link to this web site
- the URL(s) of the web page(s) on this web site to which you are proposing to link
and we will consider your request. It is our decision as to whether we agree to your request and we do not have to do so.
- Shell International Limited may change the terms and conditions and disclaimer set out above from time to time. By browsing this web site you are accepting that you are bound by the current terms and conditions and disclaimer and so you should check these each time you revisit the site.
- Shell International Limited may change the format and content of this web site at any time.
- Shell International Limited may suspend the operation of this web site for support or maintenance work, in order to update the content or for any other reason.
- Shell International Limited reserves the right to terminate access to this web site at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with English law and in the event of any dispute arising in relation to these terms and conditions or any dispute arising in relation to the web site whether in contract or tort or otherwise the English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over such dispute.