Skip to main content


icon two people standing next to a building (icon)



Icon banknotes with arrows pointing left and right (icon)

Total tax contribution


Taxes borne


Taxes collected


  • Third-party revenues


  • Related-party revenues


  • Total revenues


  • Profit before tax


  • Corporate income tax paid


  • Corporate income tax accrued


  • Stated capital


  • Accumulated earnings


  • Tangible assets


  • Other payments to governments

Shell's footprint

Shell has been present in Austria since 1923. Our downstream activities include around 260 retail sites, about half of which are owned and operated by Shell. Our activities also include a lubricants distribution network, aviation fuel supply and fleet solutions.

Country financial analysis

The statutory corporate income tax rate in Austria is 25%. Profits in 2022 were offset by carrying forward losses that arose from an impairment of a financial asset in 2012. Austrian tax law allows companies to offset 75% of annual tax profits by carrying forward losses and paying tax on the remaining 25%, in compliance with the minimum corporate income tax regime. The corporate income tax accrued and paid in 2022 relates to profits arising in 2021 and 2022, as corporate income tax in Austria is partly paid in arrears.

Read more in Total tax contribution.

Corporate income tax
This is a direct tax imposed on companies’ profits. It is sometimes levied at a national level but can also be levied on a state or local basis.
View complete glossary
Corporate income tax accrued
This is the amount of corporate income tax for 2022 recorded as current-year tax in Shell’s Consolidated Statement of Income. This also includes withholding tax accrued. It does not include prior-year adjustments, deferred tax or provisions for uncertain tax liabilities.
View complete glossary